Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gerber ain't got nothing on me....

 So what do you do when your 10 month old (whoa...he's 10 months old today) only has 2 teefers and the watery baby food isn't cutting it anymore??

Well, you make your own!!! Making baby food is something I've always wanted to try! So, on Thursday during morning nap, I wrecked my kitchen attempting to make baby food! Yes I was scared. I felt like I was wasting my time!

Here is what I did...


I cut up my fruits and vegetables.
Since it was just my first try, I stuck with sweet potatoes, apples, and bananas.
Then I boiled my sweet potatoes and apples in some water for about 10 minutes.
Just to get them soft.
Then I transferred them to my mini chopper.
This was bought because I do not know how to use a knife and I need an onion chopped up just about every night. 

 Bananas before....
 Bananas after...
Next, I carefully filled up ice trays....
 Bananas
 Apples
 Sweet Potatoes
Strick them in the freezer.
I left them overnight.
I tried that night to get them out and they were still sticky.
 Here are the apples.
It took a few tries to pop them out and I was worried scared that I had messed this up!
 I put them in freezer containers and labeled them.
Neyland LOVES them!
So today I am attempting to make more!
Blueberries, avacado, Idaho Potatoes, etc.

 I love new projects.
I love bright fabrics.
Wonder what this goodness will become??
Stay tuned...

Our favorite activity during morning nap.
Dr. Suess Matching Game.
Hours of entertainment.
Cameron has a photographic mind.
He remembers where EVERY card is!
Love my Mr. Smarty Pants.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
I got new swimsuits last night.
I heart Target!
Now off to enjoy some Sun.
I suggest you do the same!!!

Mal



No comments:

Post a Comment