Saturday, April 30, 2011

Devastation.....

As I'm writing this, I'm bawling!!! So bear with me!!! I don't have alot of facts, just what I've been told....I've seen pictures and I'm speechless!! I've also seen video taken from campus and I can't imagine!!

What would you do if you lost everything?? That is something I've been dealing with the last few days! What if I lost my home, my clothes, my car, my fabric (it means alot to me), my food, or even one of my children or my husband, or another person that I care about??

What would you do??

I have a cousin that attends UA at Tuscaloosa and hearing a story that she was on campus and her boyfriend was playing basketball at their church a few blocks away when the tornado hit breaks my heart! The boyfriend hid in a mechanical closet when the tornado came and that is pretty much ALL that is left of the church! He started walking toward campus and she started walking toward the chuch!!! They eventually found each other. Can you imagine what they were feeling?? I sure can't!!!!

Her mother lives in Anthens, AL and my mom told me that my cousin had to take her a generator because they have no electricity. There is no gas at the stations, no food in the grocery store, etc. That town is in total panic!!! Like me, she coupons and I'm sure she has a great stockpile. (See couponing isn't so silly now is it??)

I wish I had a stockpile of items that I could send to Alabama but this has made me want to start. That way I can help out. It's a small gesture but I can't get down there to help with the cleanup. And every little bit helps!!! So if you are reading this and you do have a stockpile of items you want to send, let me know and I can get it down there!!!


Sunday marks a day that was devastation here. May 1, 2010. Where were you?? I remember that day as a day with my husband, running around getting things ready for the arrival of our newest addition and not really thinking anything about the rain. Until we got to Hooter's in Hermitage for a late lunch and saw the live tv coverage!!! I've never seen anything like it. The next day, we drove around town snapping pics of the historic event! (I looked for my pics and can't find them!!!) The Lebanon Square being completely under water. I even watched the whirly-gigs float by. I love that stand!!! I would have given anything to help with the clean-up in Tennessee but when you are 7 months pregnant there isn't alot you can do!!!

People make fun of me because I have the Weather Channel App on my phone, I watch the tv like a hawk when it's calling for rain/thunderstorms, i make my kids get in the bathtub, and I call my mother when the satellite goes out; but when I was in 8th grade a tornado came over my house and spit into 2 tornados! At that moment, I became terrified!!!! & seeing destruction likes this reminds me why!!!

Please stay safe when bad weather is coming!!!!


Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment