Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From "Mommy" to "Mom"

 
 That's Who I have become.
Well at least to this 5 year old boy.
It has been a very sad realization.
That I no longer hear "Mommy."
I hear "Mom."
Where did the last 5 years go?
I always knew this day was coming.
I just didn't think it would be so soon.



I'm his favorite.
The one that tucks him in.
Kisses his boo-boos away.
Fixes his meals.
Changed countless diapers.
Snuggled for hours on end.
Rocked him to bed every night.
Holder of his bottle.
Lego builder.
Jungle Gym.
He's my baby bear!
I can't believe I no longer shop in the toddler section.
He's a big boy now.
But I have memories.
Memories that I will never forget.
He made me a Mommy.
My first baby boy.
There is no greater love than a Mommy and Son.
I love that he's a "Mommy's Boy."
He will forever have a big chunk of my heart.
I will always be there to tell him "It's ok."
I'm the only girl he needs right now.
I enjoy every one of his kisses.
But believe me, the first girl that stomps on his heart, will get a piece of Mommy Wrath.


And I know that one day I will hear "Mommy" again.
We just have to get "Ma Ma" down first.
Because I will feel the same way when this little Monkey no longer calls me "Mommy."



Cameron & Neyland,
I love you
a bushel and a peck
a hug around the neck
& more than anything else
in the whole wide world.
Love, Mommy

Enjoy every moment, every snuggle, every kiss. Trust me.

Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment